Professional Development Week (PDW): Reflection Report

 WEEK 08 (10/06/2024 - 14/06/2024)
Adena Tan Sue Lynn (0345769) / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
Professional Development Week (PDW)
Reflection Report


DIRECTORY


LIST OF TALKS JOINED

  1. "Financial Literacy for Fresh Graduate” by MAYBANK
  2. Keynote: “Aspire to Inspire” by POS MALAYSIA
  3. "The Art of Storytelling" by KAKISENI
  4. "Maximize Your LinkedIn Presence" by BDO
  5. "A.I. in Digital Media" by MALAYSIAN ADVERTISERS ASSOCIATION
  6. "Digital Transformation and Solutions: The Importance of Making It Easy" by APLIKASI



REFLECTION

Altogether, I took six sessions altogether in order to complete the requirement of six learning hours. I learnt a lot through the various talks that will help me in the future. 

For one, I was able to learn a lot regarding financial literacy from Maybank's talk at the start of the week. As someone who worries about their financial wellbeing quite often, this talk has definitely made it less intimidating as scary, with points such as to set a small amount aside for your own expenses, and to focus on your career first, rather than jumpstarting into investing immediately. The talk also touched on inflation, as the speaker made sure to keep us aware of knowing how to make the money work for us, rather than we work endlessly for the money. 

I also learnt a lot through Kakiseni's talk which I found very impactful for the creative youth. Kakiseni used real examples of their own works that felt highly inspiring. For example, they utilised a land that was a landfill, which made others question if they knew what they were even doing. However, the event was so successful that even the authorities felt the need for more spaces to be used, and thus, they cleared the land after the event. They also mentioned to understand the amount of time you have to build engagement with your audience, which I feel is highly helpful, especially when thinking of my exhibition progress. 

Overall, I definitely agree that I learnt a great amount throughout the past few days. I have learnt more than I thought I would, especially since I started off quite doubtful at how beneficial these talks would be. I think I am definitely more prepared for the future after uni life now. 

Popular Posts