Digital Photography & Imaging: Week 07


WEEK 07 (04/10/2021)
Adena Tan Sue Lynn (0345769)
Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
Digital Photography & Imaging 

Lecture

Week 07 (04/10/2021)

Colour Theory

Colour Theory uses science and art. It explains how we use and perceives colours, and communicates messages artistically and emotionally. 

CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) 

Printing. The K is used for Black as B already signified blue.

RGB (Red, Green, Blue)

For screens.

Figure 1.1 RGB vs CMYK

Hue: Pure Colour
Shade: Adding Black
Tone: Adding grey
Tint: Adding White

Colour Harmony

Monochromatic

1.2.1 Monochromatic, Link

Analogous

Figure 1.2.2 Analogous, Link

Complimentary

Figure 1.2.3 Complimentary, Link

Split Complimentary

Figure 1.2.4 Split-Complimentary, Link

Triadic

Figure 1.2.5 Triadic, Link

Psychology of Colour

Provokes specific emotions to attract people's attention

Figure 1.3.1 Psychology of Colour, Link


Practical

Week 07 (04/10/2021)

This week, we were taught how to further colour B&W photos. For the first part of the exercise, we were given these three photos.

Figure 2.2.1 B&W Photo

Figure 2.2.2 Hair Reference

Figure 2.2.3 Face Reference

Following the tutorials provided by Mr Martin & Mr Fauzi, it was very interesting to colour the original black and white photo. My Photoshop was extremely laggy while doing it, which made me so frustrated, but I continued on.

Something I struggled with was how to make the lips look cleaner. Below was my first attempt when doing lipstick.
Figure 2.2.4 Progress

Finally, I was happy with my end result. Below is my finished colouring.

Figure 2.2.5 Final Product

Next, we were tasked to try colouring another picture. Below is the picture I chose.

Figure 2.2.6 Chosen B&W

Using the same techniques, I was able to produce the below product. Originally, I thought it would be more difficult as the skin tone looked ot be darker, but it was better than I expected, thanks to the Hue/Saturation tool. 

Figure 2.2.7 Final Product


Popular Posts