Digital Photography & Imaging: Week 06


WEEK 06 (27/09/2021)
Adena Tan Sue Lynn (0345769)
Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
Digital Photography & Imaging 



Lecture

Week 06 (27/09/2021)

Definition of Public Service Announcement (PSA)

A message in the public interest disseminated without charge. It has the objective of raising awareness & changing public attitudes & behaviour towards a social issue.

After narrowing down the scope of your idea, you can start:
  1. Researching your topic
    a) Study & gather all related information
    b) Write a summary about your topic
    c) Highlight the key points of the summary
    d) Define the title, slogan, details & call for action

  2. Defining your concept
    a) Create a section for each content
    b) Sketch your mock up poster
    c) Fill in the details
    + Decide on idea & approach with the intention of delivering a strong impression & evoking the viewers' feelings

  3. Developing your design projects
    a) Visualize your idea & concept into sketches
    b) Draft the digital poster based on the sketch
    c) Develop the composition techniques using Digital Photography & Graphic Design
    d) Apply colour, typography, textures & effects
    e) Finalize with colour correction



Practical

Recolouring Black & White

After watching Mr Faizul's demo as well as Mr Martin's video, I tried my hand at recolouring the black & white image provided. Below is the original photo.

Figure 2.1.1 Original photo

Then, I started with colouring. Firstly, I focused on the eyes. The hex colour code I used is: #89cc9c & I used the overlay function on the layer.

Figure 2.1.2 Colouring eyes

Second, I coloured the skin. I first had some trouble deciding on a proper colour for the skin, but I ended up using the hex colour code: #fdddcc and I used the multiply function.

Figure 2.1.3 Colouring skin

Third, I decided to colour the lips. Like the skin, I had some trouble finding the proper colour as I wanted it to look more 'natural' than like he was wearing lipstick. The hex colour code I decided on is: #ffbcc7 with the multiply function

Figure 2.1.4 Colouring lips

Fourth, I coloured his hair. I wanted a more colourful colour, so I chose the colour: #ad98ff. I used the soft light feature as I thought it best suit his hair.

Figure 2.1.5 Colouring hair

Then, I coloured his jacket. I chose the hex colour code: #abe3ff and used the multiply layer.

Figure 2.1.6 Colouring jacket

Finally, I coloured the background. I used the colour code: #ff97a4 and also used the multiply layer.

Figure 2.1.7 Colouring background

Below is the final product, but without the original photo. I honestly found it quite scary, but it was so interesting to see how putting down the colours can recolour the black & white photo.

Figure 2.1.8 Final colouring

Below is the final product. 

Figure 2.1.9 Final Product




Popular Posts